Saturday, April 21, 2012

Breakfast for Dinner - Mushroom and Herb Omelet


I try to plan out most meals for the week, but Saturdays are what I call "Fend for yourself night". Since grocery day is tomorrow and I had only a few fresh ingredients left I decided on breakfast for dinner. I love a savory omelet with garlic and herbs. Here is what I did.
First saute the vegetables and herbs. I used some wild mushrooms I got from the farmers market last week, chopped onion and dried rosemary. (I would have added tomato if I had some) Cook to your desired taste and add chopped garlic at end and take off heat. In another saute pan, make your omelet (I like to use one egg with one egg white, organic and range free eggs) Tonight I used Earth Balance vegan/soy free butter in my pan, but a better choice would have been coconut oil. (I wanted the butter taste). Top with some more herbs if you like. Salt and pepper to taste and Voila! 





No comments:

Post a Comment